Monday, August 13, 2012

Chicks on a Bench

I had the fun opportunity to work with a young gentleman by the name of Daniel Shepard, he is a director, producer extraordinaire at Woodland View Productions. He had an interesting idea of some improvisational comedy animated "Adult Swim" style that he wanted to execute on and when I met with him and heard the audio, I must say it was pretty awesome.

We decided to keep the animation simple and not go crazy, since it was just he and I working on it and myself doing all the design and animation. After some background ideas and character designs I started animating and I must say it had been awhile so it was fun and exciting to get back into the loop of the process. You tend to forget how rewarding it is. Took quite awhile but I managed to produce about 5 short web episodes for this "Chicks on a Bench" project and the final product I can definitely say I am proud of.

From the beginning we wanted the animation to be somewhat crude and elementary (this ain't Disney or Pixar) and I think it works with the style of comedy pretty well. I really hope this gets picked up or we can work on some more. It could be a good thing, hell it already has over 90,000 hits, which is insane to me. My most popular video had was maybe 200+

SO GO CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/user/chicksonabench?feature=results_main

No comments: