Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Headsnatcher EP Cover

I love pen and ink and this was a very satisfying piece to work on. A lot of Microns were lost in the shaping of this thing. Stippling is a harsh technique, it tends to destroy all your tools.

This started as a simple drawing of an elephant skull and being as I have a tendency to lose myself in my drawings the idea ended up being too small on the initial surface of 8.5x11". I ended up spray mounting the drawing to a larger board and continued to expand the idea.

Anyway, it came out great! I had to take some RAW photos of it and piece it together in Photoshop for some extra flair. I'll probably develop a tri-fold composition and get it printed for the actual product to sell. Custom make the CD's myself. Once that is done I'll post photos of it too.

No comments: